Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
Support to Grow Your Export Sales with Confidence
The Export-Import Bank of the U.S. (EX-IM Bank) can help take the fear out of exporting and increase your company’s international sales. It is an independent federal government agency with the sole mission of creating and maintaining jobs by growing U.S. exports. Whether it’s worrying about getting paid, entering new foreign markets, accessing working capital, or extending credit terms to buyers- EX-IM Bank has you covered.
- In 2014, nearly 90% of the authorizations granted were to small businesses.
- One out of every five transactions were for woman and minority-owned businesses.
- Coverage is provided in more than180 countries.
- No transaction is too small or too large.
Risk Protection – Export credit insurance policies provide coverage for your invoices (up to 95%) for both commercial and political risks that could cause delayed payments from your international customers. Policies are available on a single buyer or across your entire portfolio.
Extend Credit to Buyers – Enables exporters to sell on competitive “open account” terms instead of requiring cash-in-advance, credit cards, or costly and complicated letters of credit from your buyers.
Working Capital – A guaranteed credit line may be used to purchase finished products, pay for raw materials, supplies, labor, and overhead, and can even cover standby letters of credit used as performance or bid bonds.
Eligibility for EX-IM Bank Support
- Have been in business for at least one year
- Have at least one full-time worker at the company
- Export products or services that have more than 50% U.S. content based on all direct and indirect costs (e.g. labor, materials, administrative costs)
- Goods and services must be exported from the U.S.
- Exports must be none military in nature
- Export destinations cannot be a restricted country (for a complete list of restricted countries, see the Country Limitation Schedule)
For more information or to schedule a consultation at Global Pet Expo, contact Jennifer Simpson, EX-IM Regional Director, by clicking here or calling (305) 586 - 2022.