Domestic Livestock Membership Requirements
June 14, 2017
June 30, 2017
Applications submitted without all required documents will not be considered for approval.
The following list of requirements must be met in order to qualify for Domestic Livestock Membership in APPA:
- All Domestic Livestock applicants must breed/sell domesticated companion animals in the following categories: dog, cat, fish, bird, small animal, reptile and equine.
- All livestock must be intended for sale as domesticated companion animals at the retail level.
- All Domestic Livestock applicants must provide a copy of your pet brochure or advertisement indicating that you are a supplier of domesticated companion animals.
- All Domestic Livestock applicants must show one (1) sales invoice as proof that you are selling domesticated companion animals to a retail pet shop or distributor in the United States. The date, addresses and all information on the sales invoice must match the bill of lading ir shipping document (i.e. FedEx, UPS, Airborne or DHL, etc.) but need not originate from or be destined to a U.S. address.
- All Domestic Livestock applicants must provide a matching bill of lading or shipping document to verify the shipment to a U. S. address.
- A one-time, $1,000 initiation fee must be included with your application, as well as the first year's dues, based on the total annual worldwide sales of domesticated companion animals.
The 2018 Membership Application & Dues Information will be available beginning April 10, 2017
Sales of Pet Products (USD)
|Annual Dues (USD)|
|$500,000 to $2,000,000||$1,040.00|
|$2,000,000 to $5,000,000||$2,020.00|
|$5,000,000 to $10,000,000||$3,915.00|
|$10,000,000 to $15,000,000||$6,365.00|
|$15,000,000 to $25,000,000||$7,240.00|
|$25,000,000 to $50,000,000||$8,645.00|
|$50,000,000 to $100,000,000||$10,185.00|
Each application is reviewed for approval by the APPA Board of Directors. Please be sure to complete the entire application and include the necessary attachments and payments . Your membership benefits begin immediately upon Board acceptance.
Please feel free to contact the Member Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Rigano (203-532-3604), Manager of Member Relations if you have any questions.