Domestic Manufacturer Membership Requirements
July 12, 2017
August 1, 2017
Applications submitted without all required documents will not be considered for approval.
The following list of requirements must be met in order to qualify for Domestic Manufacturer Membership in APPA:
- All Domestic Manufacturer Membership applicants must be a pet product manufacturer or importer.
- All Domestic Manufacturer Membership applicants must have a warehouse or manufacturing facility in the U.S.
- All Domestic Manufacturer Membership applicants must show one (1) sales invoice of pet products sold to a manufacturer, retailer or distributor and a matching bill of lading or shipping document (i.e. FedEx, UPS, Airborne or DHL, etc.) as proof that you are selling pet products.
- The address and all information on the invoice must match the bill of lading or shipping documents.
- The transaction must originate at a U.S. address (your manufacturing facility or warehouse) and must be shipped to a U.S. address showing that your sale is occurring in the United States.
- All Domestic Manufacturer Membership applicants must provide a marketing piece (box, brochure, catalogue, label, etc.) that shows that your product is being sold as a pet product.
- 75% of your pet product income must come from the manufacturing or importing of pet products.
- A one-time, $1,000 initiation fee must be included with your application, as well as the first year’s dues based on the total annual worldwide sales of your pet products.
The 2018 Membership Application & Dues Information will be available beginning April 10, 2017
Sales of Pet Products (USD)
|Annual Dues (USD)|
|$500,000 to $2,000,000||$1,040.00|
|$2,000,000 to $5,000,000||$2,020.00|
|$5,000,000 to $10,000,000||$3,915.00|
|$10,000,000 to $15,000,000||$6,365.00|
|$15,000,000 to $25,000,000||$7,240.00|
|$25,000,000 to $50,000,000||$8,645.00|
|$50,000,000 to $100,000,000||$10,185.00|
Each application is reviewed for approval by the APPA Board of Directors. Please be sure to complete the entire application and provide the necessary documentation.
If you have any questions, please contact the Member Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rose Rigano, Manager of Member Relations, at (203) 532-3604.