International Manufacturer Membership Requirements
International Manufacturer Membership is open to businesses that meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a pet product manufacturer or importer.
- Applicants do not need to have a warehouse or manufacturing facility located in the United States.
- Applicants must show one (1) sales invoice and the matching bill of lading/shipping document (i.e. FedEx, UPS, Airborne or DHL, etc.) as proof that they are selling pet products to a retailer or distributor.
- The addresses and all information on the sales invoice must match the bill of lading/ shipping document.
- The transaction must show a sale that originated from your warehouse or manufacturing facility.
- The transaction does not have to originate from or ship to a U.S. address.
- Applicants must provide a marketing piece (box, brochure, catalog, label, etc.) that shows that your product is being sold as a pet product.
- 75% of your pet product income must come from the manufacturing or importing of pet products, rather than from distributing pet products.
- A $1,000 joining fee and the first year's dues must be included with your application.
- Dues are based on the total annual worldwide sales of your pet products.
Sales of Pet Products (USD)
|Annual Dues (USD)|
|$500,000 to $2,000,000||$1,430.00|
|$2,000,000 to $5,000,000||$2,680.00|
|$5,000,000 to $10,000,000||$4,710.00|
|$10,000,000 to $15,000,000||$7,160.00|
|$15,000,000 to $25,000,000||$8,225.00|
|$25,000,000 to $50,000,000||$9,850.00|
|$50,000,000 to $100,000,000||$11,140.00|
Each application is reviewed by staff and then sent for approval by the APPA Board of Directors.
Applications submitted without all of the required documents and payments will not be considered for approval.
Access to your membership benefits, including the booth space application for Global Pet Expo, begins immediately upon Board acceptance.
Members in this category do not have voting privileges but do have access to all applicable membership benefits.
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Sales Department at APPAmembership@americanpetproducts.org, or call Abigail Marco, Membership Sales Coordinator at (203) 532-3604