Press Releases: Article Detail
July 7, 2003
APPA Announces Winners of Scholarship Awards for 2003
Greenwich, CT, July 7, 2003 — The American Pet Products Association (APPA) is pleased to announce the winners of the APPA-Jules Schwimmer Scholarship and the Piggyback Scholarship awards for 2003.
APPA’s Scholarship Program, now in its seventh year, was established to help deserving students of APPA member firm employees. These eight $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year to eligible students who present the most impressive combination of academic and non-academic credentials.
In addition, the Piggybacking Scholarship Program was developed to assist APPA member firms that wish to sponsor their own award program. Members using the Piggybacking Program provide only the scholarship award amount, while APPA covers all other administrative expenses. The same third-party review committee is employed to evaluate all applications in both programs, ensuring a fair and non-discriminatory review process.
The winners of the APPA-Jules Schwimmer Scholarship 2003 are:
- Joshua Baker, Evenflo Company, will attend the University of Findlay
- Jason Miller, Evenflo Company, will attend Ohio State University
- Mark Bianco, International Microtech, will attend University of Miami
- Minh-Bao Le, Nestles Purina, will attend University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- An-Phong Le, Nestles Purina, will attend University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sarah Ransom, Prevue Pet Products, will attend University of Illinois
- Scott Sibole, Coastal Pet Products, will attend University of Akron
- Kari Sturt, Aquaria, Inc., will attend University of California: San Diego
The winners of the Piggybacking Scholarship Program are:
- Chris Miller, Mid-West Metal Products — Earl F. Smith Memorial Scholarship, will attend Ball State University, Indiana
- Kevin DeWalt, Casco Group — Frank DeWalt Memorial Scholarship, will attend University of California, Santa Cruz
For further information regarding the APPA-Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Program or Piggybacking please contact APPA’s Member Services Department, at 203-532-0000 or e-mail email@example.com.
# # #
Founded in 1958, the American Pet Products Association is the nation’s leading not-for-profit trade organization serving the interests of the pet product industry and educating the public on the many joys and health benefits associated with pet ownership. APPA’s membership consists of over 750 companies, which include both small businesses, as well as the nation’s leading pet product companies.