Press Releases: Article Detail
June 8, 2005Contact:
Tierra Griffiths / Julie Rowe
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tis’ the Season to Give Pet Gifts That Keep on Giving
- Pet Product Manufacturers Unleash New Breed of Products That Raise Money for Pet Charities Just in Time for the Holidays-
Pet products that keep on giving this holiday season include:
· Matching human and pet Black and White Swirled Silicon Bracelets by Doggles® are great stocking stuffers for you and your pet. The bracelets are embossed with Speak and proceeds support no-kill animal shelters across the country. The pet bracelet comes with a buckle for easy on/off accessorizing. www.doggles.com.
· Rally to Rescue Collars by Purina Pro Plan The program wishes to raise $1 million for shelters with 100 percent of the net proceeds benefiting participating organizations. The collars cost $5 and can be purchased at pet rescue organizations nationwide or online at www.rallytorescue.org. also raise money for pet shelters nationwide. The purple Rally to Rescue Collars come with a matching wristband for pet owners.
· Planet Dog's Ribbon Ringos and Buddies are fundraising dog toys that make excellent gifts that give back by raising money for the fight against breast and prostate cancer. The Pink Ribbon Ringo supports the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and The Blue Ribbon Ringo and Blue Ribbon Buddy support the
· Lupine Inc. and CharityPet.com have partnered to support humane efforts. By purchasing a Lupine Inc. product through the Charity Pet website, the company will make a donation of 25% of the product price to the charity of your choice listed at checkout. Lupine is a well-known manufacturer of fine woven nylon collars and leads for pets. www.charitypet.com.
· Paul Newman, founder of Newman’s Own Organics has recently expanded his line of organic pet food for dogs and cats with heart shaped organic dog treats in four flavors that raise money for animal related causes. Like all of Newman’s Own Organics’ premium pet food products, the Heart Shaped Treats are made with human grade ingredients and organic grains and vegetables. The treats contain no wheat, corn, soy, or hydrogenated oil, and are certified by Oregon Tilth to be free of pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, artificial preservatives, or synthetic colors and dyes. Paul Newman gives away all of his after-tax profits from Newman’s Own Organics’ royalties to charitable organizations. www.newmansownorganics.com.
A list of many other great new gift ideas for pets is available at www.americanpetproducts.org.
APPA reminds pet owners to keep safety in mind this holiday season to better ensure a happy and safe holiday season for the entire family.
- # # # -
Founded in 1958, the American Pet Products Association is the nation's leading not-for-profit trade organization serving the interests of the pet products industry and educating the public on the many joys and health benefits associated with pet ownership. APPA's membership consists of nearly 850 companies, which include large corporations as well as growing enterprises worldwide. Every year APPA does extensive research utilizing a number of industry and affiliated sources to track the overall size of the pet industry and also conducts a comprehensive survey of pet owners every two years. Visit APPA online at www.americanpetproducts.org.