Press Releases: Article Detail
July 24, 2006Contact:
Tierra Griffiths / Julie Rowe
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
APPA Names Jules Schwimmer Scholarship And Piggyback Scholarship Winners
GREENWICH, CONN., July 24, 2006 – The American Pet Products Association (APPA) would like to congratulate the winners of The APPA Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Award, along with the winners of the Earl F. Smith Memorial Scholarship and the Garmon Corporation Company Scholarship for the 2006-2007 academic year.
Eight Scholarships are awarded each year to eligible students who present the most impressive combination of academic and non-academic credentials. The recipients of The APPA Jules Schwimmer Scholarship for 2006-2007 are:
- Jessica Carter, Hamilton Products, Inc. attending Florida Gulf Coast University
- Pamela Hall, American Wood Fibers, Inc. attending University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Kyla Kohagen, PlanetWise Products, Inc. attending University of Minnesota: Twin Cities
- Minh-Bao Le, Nestle Purina PetCare Company attending University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Erin Long, Grizzly Pet Products, LLC attending University of Florida
- Katie Stevens,American Wood Fibers, Inc. attending Biola University
- Brian Timm, Kaytee Products, Inc. attending University of Michigan
- Alexandra Wood, Woodstreem Corp. attending University of Denver
Every year APPA provides the opportunity for members to initiate their own scholarship program by piggybacking on the APPA Program with no additional administrative cost. The winners of the APPA Piggyback Program for 2006-2007 are:
- Jennifer Jeffers of the Garmon Corporation Company Scholarship, The Garmon Corp. attending Olympia College
- Jessi Smithson of the Earl F. Smith Memorial Scholarship, Mid-West Metal Products Co., Inc. attending Ball State University
The staff at APPA would like to thank all who participated and invite members to take advantage of this membership benefit again next year, February 2007. For questions about The Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Program please contact Member Relations & Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 532-0000 ext: 521.
The American Pet Products Manufacturer's Association (APPA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPA membership includes more than 900 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.americanpetproducts.org for more information.