APPA Generational Report Volume 2
NEW! APPA Generational Report - Volume 2
The APPA Generational Report - Volume 2 is the latest report by APPA that examines pet ownership by generation to identify trends, changes and new opportunities in the pet market.
In the past few years, pet ownership in the U.S. has undergone a generational shift. No longer do Baby Boomers represent the largest portion of pet owners; now Millennials are the largest segment. With more Millennial pet owners than ever before, it is critical for the pet industry to understand how Millennials differ from the other generations when it comes to pet ownership. The Generational Report explores this theme in greater detail.
Based on the 2017-2018 National Pet Owners Survey, the Generational Report analyzes all aspects of pet ownership by generation [Millennials, Gen X, Baby Boomers and Builders].
Click here to view the Table of Contents.
Topics reported include:
- Media usage
- Online purchasing
- Types of pets owned
- Health benefits of pet ownership
- Reasons for not currently owning a pet
- Many more
This report also specifically explores dog and cat ownership by generation, including:
- Where the pet was obtained and the average amount spent
- Veterinarian visits
- Flea and tick product usage
- Calming products
- Types of food
- Treats and chews
- Specific expenses for dog and cat ownership
- Toy and gift purchases
- Car travel and visiting pet-friendly places
- Benefits and drawbacks of ownership
- What a pet owner would do if their pet died