APPA Generational Report Volume 3
NEW! APPA Generational Report - Volume 3
The APPA Generational Report - Volume 3 is the latest report by APPA that examines pet ownership by generation to identify trends, changes and new opportunities in the pet market.
With Millennials firmly established as the largest group of pet owners in the U.S., it is imperative to understand their behavior as pet parents and pet product consumers. In many ways Millennials are different from the pet owners who came before them. This understanding is key to the continued success of the pet industry. In addition, the current Survey affords a first look at Gen Z pet owners. With these individuals just beginning to establish themselves in adulthood, it will be very interesting to see if they follow in the footsteps of Millennials as pet owners or chart a different course.
Based on the 2019-2020 National Pet Owners Survey, the Generational Report analyzes all aspects of pet ownership by generation [Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, Baby Boomers and Builders].
Click here to view the Table of Contents.
Topics reported include:
- Source of awareness of new pet products
- Online purchasing
- Types of pets owned
- Health benefits of pet ownership
- Reasons for not currently owning a pet
- Many more
This report also specifically explores dog and cat ownership by generation, including:
- Where the pet was obtained and the average amount spent
- Veterinarian visits
- Flea and tick product usage
- Calming products
- Types of food
- Treats and chews
- Specific expenses for dog and cat ownership
- Toy and gift purchases
- Car travel and visiting pet-friendly places
- Benefits and drawbacks of ownership
- What a pet owner would do if their pet died