APPA Generational Report Volume 4
NEW! APPA Generational Report - Volume 4
The APPA Generational Report - Volume 4 is the latest report by APPA that examines pet ownership by generation to identify trends, changes and new opportunities in the pet market.
With Millennials firmly established as the largest group of pet owners in the U.S. and Gen Z's share of pet ownership on the rise, it is imperative to understand their behavior as pet parents and pet product consumers and how they differ from Gen X and Baby Boomers. In many ways the two younger generations are notably different from older pet owners. While there is no doubt that all generations of pet owners love their pets and agree they play an important role in their lives, their attitudes and behaviors reflect the different ways they demonstrate that love for their pets. Understanding these differences is key to the continued success of the pet industry.
Based on the 2021-2022 National Pet Owners Survey, the Generational Report analyzes all aspects of pet ownership by generation (Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Baby Boomers).
Click here to view the Table of Contents.
Special Member Price Just $425 Non-Member Price Just $625
Orders are fulfilled within 7-10 business days.
Topics reported include:
- Influence of the current economy on pet spending
- Changes to pet ownership during COVID-19
- Source of awareness of new pet products
- Online purchasing, including how it has changed in the past year
- How pet owners typically shopped for pet products before, during and after COVID-19
- Reasons for not currently owning a pet
- Many more
This report also specifically explores dog and cat ownership by generation, including:
- Where the pet was obtained and the average amount spent
- Veterinarian visits
- Flea and tick product usage
- Calming products
- Types of food
- Treats and chews
- Specific expenses for dog and cat ownership
- Toy and gift purchases
- Car travel and visiting pet-friendly places
- Benefits and drawbacks of ownership
- Future pet ownership