2021-2022 APPA National Pet Owners Survey
Trusted, Objective and Actionable Pet Industry Data for Smart Business Decisions
Since 1988 the APPA National Pet Owners Survey has delivered the pet industry's most comprehensive consumer research study about pet ownership, pet care practices and preferences in product and service consumption of America’s pet owners.
Published every other year the APPA National Pet Owners Survey is the premier resource of its kind. It is used by all sectors of the pet products industry and those looking to enter the market, including manufacturers and retailers, marketers, research and investment firms and media professionals alike to understand their consumers and define their business strategies. The Survey studies U.S. pet owners of the following pet types:
The 600-page Survey studies U.S. pet owners of:
- Small Animals
New and Expanded in this Edition
Spending and Purchasing
- Attitudes toward increased spending on particular pet care items
- Purchasing methods and how purchases are obtained
- How online purchasing will change in the next year and items purchased online
- Online subscription-based purchases
- Expanded list of outlets
- Consideration of pets when deciding what property to rent or buy
- New CBD questions for dogs and cats
- Expanded cat section including new data on cat toys, kitty condos, cat scratchers and expanded litter section
- Expanded bird treat section
- Expanded backyard chicken question series
- State of the industry series
Also included in the APPA National Pet Owners Survey is a Lifestyle and Media Study which examines pet owners in easily understood consumer segments. The segments are defined in terms of what motivates pet ownership and relationships with pets, along with lifestyle and media habits such as internet usage, travel, work, pet ownership, online shopping for pet products, and other demographic criteria. Get the inside track on the very people who determine where your business is heading: America’s pet owners!
"The APPA National Pet Survey is very important. It tells you a lot about your category. You can see what the trends are. You can see what your buyers and what consumers are asking for."
- Krister Holm, Partner and General Manager, Petix Company LLC
Order the 2021-2022 APPA National Pet Owners Survey
APPA publication orders are non-refundable.
|Non-Profits:||$2,100.00||Most recent IRS Form 990 required*|
Student ID and course syllabus required*
*To obtain Non-profit or Student discount, please submit your discount request and required documentation to email@example.com
*Orders are fulfilled within 7-10 business days. Please allow additional shipping time for hardcopy orders. APPA publication orders are non- refundable.
Essential Companion Resources to the Survey:
Customized Data Reports based on the APPA National Pet Owners Survey
Additional proprietary custom reports are available based on APPA's National Pet Owners Survey data. For more information and to order please email us.
*Eligibility for customized reports based on the APPA National Pet Owners Survey is limited to APPA members and purchasers of the Survey.
Interactive Data Portal
APPA's interactive Data Portal is an easy-to-use data exploration tool that allows you quick, customized access to APPA's valued consumer insights data. Key Platform Features:
- Customixzable inforgraphics
- Customize cross-tabs across key demographics and content areas
- Create custom filters
- Perform desired calculations, including significance testing
- Create and save favorite templates
- Download to Excel to build tables, charts, reports