APPA Business Bootcamp
Tuesday, November 10 – Thursday, November 12, 2020
APPA’s Business Bootcamp is a 3-day (9-hour) virtual course that empowers you with a solid framework of business basics with direct applications to the pet industry, as well as advanced strategies for smart growth.
Whether you are an individual looking to get into the pet industry for the first time or a young company wanting to smooth your road to success, this Basic Training takes you through the steps from enlistment to launch and then on to capture the product placement and shelf space of retailers both small and large.
Perfect for new employees and companies looking to work in the pet industry more efficiently, our team of pet industry veterans has collaborated to provide you with a condensed curriculum that can be used as an introduction to the pet industry and an opportunity to strategize a course direction or correction for your business. View agenda and course information here.
View speaker bio's here
No drill sergeant here. Instead, our dedicated team of industry experts provides you with training, resources, and on-going support PLUS a free post-event 1-hour customized consulting session.
Join up and gain business proficiencies without ever having to break a sweat.
Day One (12-3PM EST)
- Panel Discussion: State of the Industry Insights and Outlook
- General Business Basics – Get it Right Out of the Gate
- The Well-Crafted Business Plan
- Product Costing for Success
- Product Pricing and Margin Calculations Demystified
- Live Q&A after each session
Day Two (12-3PM EST)
- Panel discussion: Pet Ownership During the Pandemic
- Marketing for Success: Differentiating Your Company Through Remarkable Marketing
- Consumer Direct Marketing
- Trade Show Participation
- Building a Spectacular Sales Team
- Working with Pet Rep Groups
- Live Q&A
Day Three (12-3PM EST)
- Learn to Speak “Retail” to Forge Lasting Relationships with Your Retail Customers
- Defining Your E-Commerce Strategy
- Make Sure Your Distributors Love You: Tips to managing the Supplier-Distributor Relationship
- A Beginners Guide to Intellectual Property and Regulatory Compliance
- Live Q&A
- Virtual Networking Event (3PM EST)
Once you have completed the APPA Bootcamp, you are invited to take a deeper dive into pet business strategies using these value-added resources ($1,000 VALUE)
- 1-hour post event consultation with PetsPhD Team
- Customized data report from APPA’s National Pet Ownership Survey
- Industry sales guidance by category
- Personal APPA benefits tutorial
- Resource list for retailers, distributors, pet rep groups, pet publications and industry expert contact lists