Domestic Livestock Membership Requirements
Domestic Livestock Membership is open to businesses that meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must breed/sell domesticated companion animals in the following categories: dog, cat, fish, bird, small animal, reptile and equine.
- All livestock must be intended for sale as domesticated companion animals at the retail level.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their pet brochure or advertisement indicating that they are a supplier of domesticated companion animals.
- Applicants must show one (1) sales invoice and a matching bill of lading/shipping document (i.e. FedEx, UPS, Airborne or DHL, etc.) as proof that they are selling domesticated companion animals to a retail pet shop or distributor.
- The addresses and all information on the sales invoice must match the bill of lading/shipping document.
- The transaction does not have to show a sale that originated from and shipped to a U.S. address.
- A $1,000 joining fee and the first year's dues must be included with your application.
- Dues are based on the total annual worldwide sales of domesticated companion animals.
Sales of Pet Products (USD)
|Annual Dues (USD)|
|$500,000 to $2,000,000||$1,105.00|
|$2,000,000 to $5,000,000||$2,145.00|
|$5,000,000 to $10,000,000||$4,155.00|
|$10,000,000 to $15,000,000||$6,760.00|
|$15,000,000 to $25,000,000||$7,685.00|
|$25,000,000 to $50,000,000||$9,180.00|
|$50,000,000 to $100,000,000||$10,810.00|
Each application is reviewed by staff and then sent for approval by the APPA Board of Directors.
Applications submitted without all of the required documents and payments will not be considered for approval.
Access to your membership benefits, including the booth space application for Global Pet Expo, begins immediately upon Board acceptance.
Members in this category do not have voting privileges but do have access to all applicable membership benefits.
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Sales Department at APPAmembership@americanpetproducts.org, or call Abigail Marco, Membership Sales Coordinator at (203) 532-3604