Press Releases: Article Detail
August 23, 2007Contact:
Tierra Griffiths / Julie Rowe
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
APPA Membership Soars, Demonstrating the Strength of the Association and the Pet Industry
-With 29 companies approved for membership, APPA announces unprecedented membership numbers in excess of 1,000
GREENWICH, CONN., August 23, 2007 The American Pet Products Association (APPA) President, Bob Vetere proudly announced today that for the first time in the associations 49-year history, membership numbers have soared beyond 1,000. This comes as no surprise as the association has reported that the industry is stronger than ever with Americans spending $38.5 billion on their pets in 2006 and these numbers are projected to be higher than ever in 2007 at $40.8 billion.
Vetere said, Our membership numbers are indicative of a thriving industry and an association that plays an integral role in the success of these companies. APPA provides members with services and benefits ranging from the unparalleled National Pet Owners Survey to government affairs, public relations, and the Global Pet Expo, the pet industrys largest annual trade show. In my five years with the association, I have seen us grow from about 650 members to where we stand today.
He added, The growing global interest in our industry certainly drives these numbers, but I believe the people behind our association - those that make the Show a reality, and those that do all that they can to ensure members are getting the most from their membership - play a significant role in our growth and why the correlation between being an APPA member and the potential for success has become so clear. The success of the industry can largely be attributed to our members commitment to innovation and to continuing to develop products that enhance the experience of being a pet owner.
The APPA Board recently approved the following 29 new members:
- American Kennel Club New York, NY
- Animals Matter, Inc. Torrance, CA
- Brightwell Aquatics Catawissa, PA
- Dog Essential LLC Malibu, CA
- DogChewz NYC New York, NY
- Dogstar Pet Products LLC St. Augustine, FL
- Eastland Pet Supplies Co., Ltd. Nanjing, Jiangsu CHINA
- Fleishman-Hillard, Inc. Kansas City, MO
- Isle of Dog Milwaukee, WI
- J. Rettenmaier & Soehne GmbH & Co. KG Rosenberg, GERMANY
- Jett Sett Products Clemmons, NC
- Jewett Cameron North Plains, OR
- Kathy Santo Hip Pet Organics, LLC Mahwah, NJ
- Keep It Clean, LLC Mt. Pleasant, SC
- Lancaster Colony Corp. Cincinnati, OH
- Leg Avenue, Inc. City of Industry, CA
- Moyer & Sons, Inc. Souderton, PA
- New Creature, Inc. Rogers, AR
- Niche Summit Co., Ltd. Taipei, TAIWAN
- Panzada Pet Products, LLC Scottsdale, AZ
- PetZen Products, LLC Ogden, UT
- Poopysak, Inc. Ville-Marie, QUE, CANADA
- Pure Treats, Inc. St. Laurent, PQ, CANADA
- Ribbons & Bow-wows, LLC dba Pet Human Designs East Point, GA
- Rugged Ranch Products Lakeside, CA
- Sierra Pet Products Wilton, CT
- Spot N Trot, LLC Andover, MA
- Wagwear, Inc. New York, NY
- Worldwide Trading, Inc. Long Beach, CA
Members of APPA have access to the premier trade show of the pet product industry, Global Pet Expo, as well as public relations and legislative representation and state-of-the-art member service programs.For more information on joining APPA, call 1-800-452-1225 or visit www.americanpetproducts.org.
The American Pet Products Manufacturer's Association (APPA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPA membership includes more than 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.americanpetproducts.org for more information.