Press Releases: Article Detail
March 31, 2008Contact:
Tierra Griffiths / Julie Rowe / Leah Nelson
Go Green For Earth Day… and Include Your Pet Too!
- Pet Owners Make Earth Friendly Choices When Choosing Products For Their Pets -
GREENWICH, CONN., March 31, 2008– More and more pet owners are keeping the environment in mind when it comes to buying products for their pets, and pet manufacturers are taking notice as Earth Day approaches April 22, 2008.
With so much “green” on everyone’s mind these days, manufacturers are doing their part to offer pet owners environmentally friendly pet products to help contribute to the protection and sustainability of the planet while still pampering those beloved pets!
The American Pet Products Association (APPA) has compiled some of the hottest “green” pet products as well as other great gift ideas for pets this Earth Day:
- Smarty Cat Certified Organic Catnip is a distinguished favorite among feline enthusiasts. Smarty Cat Certified Organic Catnip uses 100% pure catnip blossoms and leaves without straw or filler to make up for volume. The catnip is grown, processed, and packed without harmful pesticides or chemicals meeting the “certified organic” standard. www.worldwise.com
- Ruffin’ It by Westminster Pet features three different products that are 100% earth friendly. The Biodegradable Pet Waste Bags with Dispenser and Refill Pack are certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to be 100% biodegradable. The production of the bags also result in less greenhouse gas emissions because the materials used to make the bags are from renewable, sustainable sources of agricultural origin. Ruffin’ It Organic Cotton Collars and Leashes are made in the USA with certified 100% organic cotton grown in Africa without pesticides and are dyed using earth friendly dyes. The collars and leashes come in a variety or colors and sizes. Also, the Polyester Collars & Leashes are made in the USA with 100% recycled polyester from water bottles and other plastics. These products assist in keeping our planet green by using less energyto create and keeping harmful waste out of landfills. www.westminsterpet.com
- The Brush Buddy by Rough & Tumble is a brush and towel combination that allows dog owners to brush, clean, groom and even hug their dogs after walks and outdoor adventures. Rough & Tumble uses one hundred percent recycled rubber and packaging in its manufacture of the Brush Buddy and is committed to making an environmentally friendly product. www.thebrushbuddy.com
- Simple Solution® Naturals offers three new natural pet products that are eco- friendly and biodegradable. Simple Solution NATURAL Biodegradable Training Pads are 100% biodegradable and is able to compost, including the packaging. Simple Solution NATURAL Stain and Odor Remover is an all natural, eco-sensitive alternative to harsh chemicals that are found in traditional household cleaners. Simple Solution NATURAL Pet Bathing Shampoo contains all natural ingredients and cleans and conditions with no harsh preservatives. www.simplesolution.com
- Ocean GEOtronic from Casco Group is a brand new, state of the art temperature regulating device that will take the guesswork out of trying to keep a stable temperature in your aquarium. The Ocean GEOtronic models are the most advanced temperature regulating product out there without thermal shocks, annoying vibrations, the use of gas and compressor noise. The models are cost efficient and environmentally supportive. www.biorbusa.com
- Trends are always repeating and so is the hemp movement. Back from the 1970’s, hemp and the green movement is making their way back into products. Doggles’ has a new line of fashion hemp products such as the Doggles Hemp Harness Dress, Hemp Carrier and Hemp dog toys. Hemp fibers are one of the most durable in nature and are environmentally friendly. www.doggles.com
The American Pet Products Manufacturer's Association (APPA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPA membership includes more than 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.americanpetproducts.org for more information.